Thursday, March 25, 2010
AutoCAD 2011 and LT 2011 are released
Today is the official release date for the new AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011 (plus over 60 other Autodesk programs in the "2011" family).
The main new features in AutoCAD 2011 are:
- 3D NURBS surface
- Transparency level as layer/object property
- Point clouds (up to 2 mld. points)
- Materials browser (common to all 2011 products)
- Inferred constraints in 2D drawings
- Hatch, polyline and spline editing by grips
There are also other news and changes not mentioned in the official what's new documents. There is e.g. a new format of online documentation (Help) based on HTML files. The installer now offers several languages to choose from - both the installer and the installed AutoCAD can communicate in English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese - all from a single distribution media.
Labels: AutoCAD 2011