Monday, February 12, 2007
AutoCAD 2008 and more AutoCADs announced
Some existing Autodesk applications get new names so we have more AutoCAD flavours in the 2008 product line:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2008 is the new name of Architectural Desktop (ADT)
- AutoCAD MEP 2008 is the new name of Autodesk Building Systems (ABS)
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2008 is the new/old name of Autodesk Map 3D
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008 is the new name of Autodesk Civil 3D
- AutoCAD Land Desktop 2008 is the new name of Land Desktop
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2008 is the new name of Autodesk Raster Design
And of course we have still AutoCAD LT 2008, AutoCAD Mechanical 2008, AutoCAD Electrical 2008, AutoCAD P&ID - that is 11 different AutoCADs in total!
So now all AutoCAD-based applications carry the "AutoCAD" brand name and thus are distinguished from the specific programs like Inventor or Revit.
All 2008-applications (EN versions) should be released in the March-April timeframe.